Makeup and hair is by far one of the most important aspects in your boudoir session. I work with some amazing and talented hair and makeup artists and being the nosy person that I am, I over hear little tips and how to’s from them when they are getting my clients ready and I thought it would be a great idea to have them guest blog monthly for some beauty tips!
So I’ve decided that we’ll do a monthly guest blog from the hair and makeup experts on some beauty tips just for you! If you have any questions or want to know anything specific, leave us a comment below and we’ll get them answered in the next beauty tips post!
This month’s Beauty Expert is Kim Reyes of Kim Reyes Makeup
Hi, I’m Kim Reyes, professional makeup artist for over 20 years in the DC area. I absolutely love what I do and working with Julie and her Boudoir clients allows me to transform everyday women into their inner vixen for a day.
I’ve been invited to contribute to the boudoir blog with makeup and hair tips, talk about products and anything out there you ladies would like to learn about.
In my basic makeup class I teach everyone the “Five Minute Face” – this is a quick and easy application to get you ready for your day with a light natural look using only five products:
- On a freshly moisturized face, dot a creamy concealer that matches your skin tone on blemishes or discolorations, eyelid and under eye area, and around nostrils. Blend in with stippling motion with your ring finger or sponge.
- Set concealer with a fine loose translucent powder that matches your skin tone using a fluffy powder brush.
- Apply your blush or bronzer on the apples of your cheeks, temples of the forehead and outer eyelid area with a powder brush. This gives you a healthy glow and opens up your eyes.
- Next, curl your lashes and add black mascara to top and bottom lashes.
- Add a tinted lip gloss or lip butter and voila- you are ready for your day with a fresh face!
Next tip will be about some of my favorite products!
Here are some before and afters of the five minute face by Kim. Photography by Tony Veloz